So today I tried the Cakerella baking kit I bought at Cake Dreams cake fair in Dortmund (more about that in a blog post some weeks ago). I saw this cute bunny at the fair and was immediatelyinlove because of its simple but absolutely adorable look 🐰
Cakerella is a German brand selling boxes with all the ingredients and some baking supplies you need to make your favorite cake you have to choose before - what a great idea!
It was a hard decision as they also sell kits for a unicorn or a super cute monster cake for example but this bunny cake was perfect for Easter so I chose it to be my first Cakerella cake.
What I really liked about the Cakerella guys at the fair was that they were so nice and helpful 🌸
My only fear was that the amount of ingredients in the box could be too little but it was exactly the right amount to comfortably work with.
What was amazing too was the fact that you can choose if you want a white, milk or dark chocolate ganache!
The following picture shows you what was inside my box:
- 1 kg of white fondant (Massa Ticino) - I highly recommend this fondant even if this was my first time I used it
- gold powder for the inside of the ears
- CMC powder to harden the fondant
- potato flour to roll out the fondant
- 2 wooden sticks to place the ears on the cake
- a pair of pink (😍) gloves
- 600 g of milk chocolate
- sponge cake mix for a 20 cm baking pan
- a high quality baking pan (PME)
- a small brush to paint the ears
- a black food coloring pen (Shanty's)
- a stencil for the ears
- detailed instructions with a lot of useful advice
The following pictures show you some preparation steps:
The preparation was really fun and I hope it's gonna be as yummy as it looks - this was definitely not the last time I made a Cakerella cake! ❤️